|Arbeitsort / Firmensitz||Berlin, Germany|
|Veröffentlicht||3. April 2018|
Ruby on Rails Entwickler
Our mission is to fix the broken apartment rental process in Germany and Europe. Mass viewings, impersonal communication, redundant processes and lack of trust. We are changing this drastically. We will enable tenants to apply for apartments in the most convenient way possible, solving the current problems of a broken real estate market for rentals. At the same time, we will make it easier and more efficient for landlords to offer an apartment. We are a highly motivated team and believe in our mission.
As an early stage proptech startup with a rapidly growing customer base we are using reliable but fun technologies. We currently use mainly Ruby on Rails 5 and PostgreSQL but have some services in Sinatra and some in Python. We aim to build applications that are maintainable, adaptable and fast without sacrificing developer comfort.
- You have minimum 3+ years’ experience working as a Ruby backend developer
- You have strong skills in data modeling and hands-on experience in PostgreSQL
- You used Heroku or AWS before and helped setting up and maintaining scalable dev- and production environments with automated deployment workflows
- You love to create simple but scalable solutions to challenging problems
- You build clean and qualitative high-end code
- You love to take lots of responsibility and ownership for the application
- You value teamwork and collaborative decision making
- You know how and what tests are needed for your code
- You don’t see your role isolated in IT but also have general business needs in mind
- You have a strong self-motivation, structured way of thinking and adapt fast to new challenges
- You show a hands-on mentality and a willingness to take an active role in our company
What we offer
- Founders that understand the importance of tech and developer needs
- Free choice of OS and a sponsored subscriptions to online learning platforms
- A highly motivated team with lots of friendly co-workers
- Free drinks, healthy fruits, cookies, tasty breakfasts and of course regular team events
- We value output more than time and are open in regards of remote work
As an employer, we believe in the power of teams and strive to deliver a highly productive work environment that at the same time leaves room for individual development and maximum fun during the job. We strongly encourage our team members to participate actively in decision making, developing their skill set pro-actively and shaping the company culture with their own ideas. If this sounds like the type of team, you want to join, we’d love to hear from you.